It’s getting chilly out and it’s time to snuggle down and get cosy. One of our favourite things to do when the weather turns cold is to get cooking. Lovely warm soups and hot puddings are a great way to warm up when you get home from work or school and are easy to make enough to feed the whole family.
As cleaners in Essex, we spend a lot of time making sure our clients homes are sparkly and sweet smelling. Why not get cooking a one pot dish and enjoy a clean house full of cooking smells. Here are our top 5 easy to make winter warmers:
Chilli Beef Winter Warmer Courtesy of www.bbcgoodfood.com
- up to 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4kg stewing beef
- 4 white onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp chipotle paste
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2l beef stock
- 3 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 5 x 400g cans pinto or kidney beans, drained
- Heat a small drizzle of the oil in an extra-large flameproof dish. Brown the meat in batches, adding a drop more oil, remove from the dish and set aside. Add 1 tbsp oil to the dish, then the onions, and cook for 7-10 mins or until caramelised.
- Stir the chipotle paste, garlic, ginger, cumin,cinnamon and flour in with the onions and cook for a couple of mins. Gradually add the stock, stirring all the time, so it’s fully mixed in with the other ingredients. Add the tomatoes andoregano, season and simmer for 10 mins.
- Now tip in the beef, cover and simmer very gently for about 1 hr 45 mins until tender, removing the lid and adding the beans for the final 15 mins. If the sauce is thin, let it boil down for a further 5-10 mins with the lid off. Before serving, adjust the seasoning. Serve with the garlic bread and salsa.
Click through to the next page to see more